Branded Caps, Hats & Beanies
If you haven’t got a cap, hat or beanie with your brand’s logo, then you are missing out on a powerful and affordable marketing opportunity. Branded Caps, branded hats and branded beanies are the perfect accessories to get your company noticed in the marketplace. They will be worn at work, at the beach, at the gym, at the ski field, anywhere and everywhere!
If you’re not sure what the difference is between a cap, hat and beanie, don’t worry. Here’s a quick explanation:
Caps: Plain; sandwich peak; camo military; snapback; sports; truckers; fitted; high-viz
Hats: Bucket; sun deflector; straw; high-viz
Beanies: With cuff; without cuff; ribbed knit; thermal
Branded caps and hats are primarily manufactured in cotton, however, there are other options such as ripstop, acrylic, Teflon treated jacquard, oilskin, polyester, waterproof nylon, poly viscose & breathable fabric.
Branded beanies are mostly manufactured in acrylic knit but are also available in polar fleece, wool/acrylic mix, 100% wool, polyester/spandex & thermal fleece.
Branding on Caps, Hats and Beanies: What you NEED to know
The most common methods of branding headwear is a digital transfer, embroidery, embroidered badge and even laser engraving on some fabrics. Screen printing is possible on caps without a front seam as well as bucket hats.
Screen print: This method is ideal for caps without a front seam i.e. trucker cap, military style cap & 5-panel caps. Good for solid areas of colour. Close PMS matches are possible on white or light coloured caps & hats.
Digital transfers: Used for branding fabrics this method produces crisp, clear artwork reproduction even on textured fabrics. It has a matt finish and will not crack or fade under normal circumstances. It is a cost-effective method for producing spot colour or full-colour transfers.
Embroidery: This is the most common branding option for headwear. It has a higher perceived value and a depth of branding quality which other processes cannot match. Embroidery uses rayon thread stitched into the product which gives the finished image a slightly raised effect. An embroidered badge is also an option.
Laser engrave: Produces a permanent natural finish that becomes part of the surface. It has a higher perceived value than other forms of branding. However, different materials produce different effects when engraved so to avoid uncertainty pre-production samples are recommended.
The 3 BEST Branded Caps, Hats & Beanies
1. Fitted Cap (Patented fit system)
- Manufactured in heavy brushed cotton/spandex blend
- Structured 6-panel low profile style
- Includes pre-curved peak & embroidered eyelets
- Colours: black, red, white, royal blue, navy
- Branding options: digital transfer; embroidery; embroidered badge
2. Teflon Treated Bucket Hat (Cancer Society recommended)
- Manufactured from Teflon treated jacquard
- Waterproof & wind resistant yet breathable
- UPF rating 50+ ‘excellent protection’
- Elastic sweatband for comfort & secure wear
- 45 degree tilted hat brim to shade face, nose, neck & ears
- Sizes: S/M; L/XL
- Colours: colourfast – black, navy, white
- Branding options: screen print; digital transfer print; embroidery
3. Heather Style Cable Knit Beanie (Maximum warmth)
- Manufactured in acrylic using heather style interwoven yarns to give a flecked two-tone effect
- Has a soft, loose knit texture which effectively traps heat for maximum warmth in all conditions
- Available in one size which fits most people
- Colours: navy; black
- Branding options: embroidery only