Backpacks are a very functional way of carrying articles around and have a number of uses & requirements – great for school kids, trampers and anyone who needs to carry stuff but wants their hands free.
Backpacks are a really good option for conference bags. A colourful backpack with bold branding will definitely be taken home and used so attendees will see and remember the event every day. They may even be re-used as kids’ school bags.
The earliest fabric used to make backpacks was cotton canvas waterproofed with a heavy wax coating. However, this has now been substituted for polyester as the canvas was heavy, prone to abrasion & when stored wet it would rot.
Backpacks range from the simplest of styles to backpacks for trampers with a padded back & a cooler bag for carrying food & drinks or wet clothing to backpacks for business people with a headphone port & a foam padded laptop compartment. Most recently there has been the release of an anti-theft backpack which combines tough uncompromising security with advanced storage features.
Branding on backpacks: What you NEED to know
Most backpacks can be branded using the following techniques.
Screen print: Ideal for branding backpacks as large print areas are possible and is ideal for large solid areas of colour. Close PMS matches are possible on white or light coloured backpacks.
Digital transfers: Used for branding fabrics this method produces crisp, clear artwork reproduction even on textured fabrics. It has a matt finish and will not crack or fade under normal circumstances. It is a cost-effective method for producing spot colour or full-colour transfers.
Embroidery: An excellent way of branding backpacks as it has a higher perceived value and a depth of branding quality which other processes cannot match. Embroidery uses rayon thread stitched into the product which gives the finished image a slightly raised effect.
SPECIAL OFFER: BACKPACKS!
- Lightweight backpack – manufactured from 210D polyester
- Adjustable woven shoulder straps
- Large zippered front pocket; woven carry handle & mesh drink bottle holder
- Ideal for travelling – takes up very little room in a suitcase or weekend bag
- Dimensions: H410mm x W305mm x Gusset 105mm; handle length: 200mm
- Colours: yellow; orange; red; bright green; blue; black
- Branding options: screen or digital transfer print
(all pricing includes a one colour print in one position)
The 3 BEST Branded Backpacks
1. Computer Back Pack (Useful day pack)
- 300D polyester with PVC tarpaulin bottom
- Padded laptop/tablet compartment
- Main zippered compartment
- Internal mesh pocket; zippered front pocket
- Front loops to secure umbrella or rain jacket
- Dimensions: 457mm x 279mm x 108mm
- Colour: black only
- Branding option: screen print
2. Roll top backpack (made for comfort)
- 300D polyester with padded 600D polyester back panel for comfort
- Roll top closure with a secure snap lock
- Internal slip pocket for a laptop or a tablet
- Large zippered external pocket; two mesh side pockets
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Dimensions: H600mm x W302mm x G135mm
- Colour: charcoal only
- Branding options: screen print; digital transfer; embroidery
3. The runner backpack (convenient)
- 210D nylon compact bag
- Large opening with 2 zips closure
- Comfortable mesh straps
- Bag folds down to pack away into a pocket zip pouch
- Dimensions: H440mm x W330mm x G110mm
- Colours: black; navy; cyan; red; royal; white
- Branding options: screen print; transfer print